YesChilli Rainbow Stir Fry Noodles
By admin Fish and Seafood, Noodles and Pasta Oriental, World Cuisine Stir Fry
March 21, 2015
About this recipe:
You can substitute the prawns with chicken, beef, pork or fish. If you would like more chilli heat, add a half a teaspoon of YesChilli or more in cautious increments to your cooking. If you would like less heat, reduce the amount of YesChilli stated in the recipe by half.
Add a little water or stock when adding the noodles to the pan if you like your noodles a little wetter.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Yields: 2
Kingsize prawns enough for two (frozen or fresh)
180g mixture of Chinese leaf (or Cabbage), baby corn, red bell peppers, carrots, sugar snap peas
Half a thumb size piece of ginger
2 tablespoons of YesChilli sauce (use 1 level tablespoon if using the paste)
Half a teaspoon of dried mix herbs
Half a knorr stock cube (optional)
1. Wash and slice the vegetables, mushrooms and onion, arrange each item separately and set aside. Do not slice the sugar snap peas. Chop up the ginger into tiny pieces and set aside.
2. Prepare your noodles by following the instructions on the packet. Or bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the noodles and simmer gently for 2-4 minutes stirring once or twice. The noodles need to retain a slight bite. Take off the heat and drain off the water. Pour cold water over the noodles and drain then set aside.
3. Place a large pan or wok on medium heat and add one tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the prawns and after about a minute, add one tablespoon of YesChilli, half a tablespoon of soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
4. Sauté the prawns stirring occasionally until cooked, usually about 4 minutes. Once cooked, remove from heat and place the prawns and juice into a bowl.
5. Replace the pan on the stove and turn up the heat. Pour in one tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes, occasionally stirring gently throughout the entire cooking process. Add the onions and ginger.
6. One minute later, add a tablespoon of YesChilli, half a tablespoon of soy sauce, half the stock cube, half a teaspoon of dried herbs and salt to taste. Allow to cook for a minute then add the Chinese leaf, baby corn and carrots. Allow to cook for a further minute and then add the sugar snaps and cooked prawns. One minute later add the red bell peppers and drained noodles.
7. Mix well by gently lifting and folding the noodles in with the ingredients. Once the noodles are heated through, about another 2 -3 minutes, take off the heat and serve immediately.
You must be logged in to post a comment.